Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wednesday's Pondering

There are a few verses from the lectionary that I'm holding in my hands today.

The first is Psalm 147.11
His (the Lord's) delight is not in the strength of the horse,
nor his pleasure in the speed of a runner;
but the Lord takes pleasure in those who fear him,
in those who hope in his steadfast love.

The next is Revelation 2.4
But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first.

The last is John 2.11
Jesus did this, the
first of his signs, in Cana of Galilee, and revealed his glory; and
his disciples believed in him.

Today I'm thinking through what it means for me to fear him, to hope in his steadfast love. Because I have been experiencing a time of quiet, I think I am called to just do what I know to do. I am called to offer myself to be used in whatever way God sees fit to use me. I will allow my hope to grow naturally. And I will rest assured that it is not my 'abilities' that God desires. God desires my heart.

The second verse calls me to remember the love and the decisions it prompted. My covenant with God is no more negotiable than my marriage covenant with Steve. Steve and I will fall in and out of love hundreds of times throughout our life. The key is falling back in love each time. The same is true of my relationship with God. So in my relationship with the Lord, I take time to remember. I take time to reminisce about God's hand on my life.

Lastly, the disciples were able to see Jesus' first sign which revealed is glory and they believed in him. These are the questions I am asking myself today. Where am I seeing Jesus' glory? Am I putting myself in situations where Jesus' glory can be revealed? How can I be open to miracles today?

No comments: