Thursday, August 21, 2008

Update on some cool stuff


Several months ago I blogged about my sister in law and friend who were beginning an after school program for a low income housing area near them. It's official "BLOC 25" begins in two weeks. Please pray for them as they help bring God's Kingdom to earth as they love on kids who desperately need it.

And...I just heard from John McBride, Sr. that a group of teens are going to minister at Second Harvest Food Bank this Saturday from 9-12. If you're interested and need details, give John a call at 330.779.0868.

The other cool thing I heard this week is that there is a family at New Hope that gave two large sums of money to two other New Hope families this week that needed it. I happened to talk to one of the recipients today and the gift was UNBELIEVABLY timely. How cool!

I bring all this up to say that I believe God is at work. I see it. I feel it. We are invited to take part or watch from the sidelines...

2 comments:

Paul Dazet said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing these stories. I am so encouraged by what God is doing in and through the community of New Hope!

*Austin Mommy* said...

I love hearing about God's perfect timing. He always knows best, doesn't He? Trust...and obey. Not always easy, but always best. Thanks for sharing.