Friday, April 4, 2008

My Friend Broke my Heart

I have a friend - a God-given friend who came into my life about 10 years ago. Our friendship quickly grew into something beautiful. We are more like family, really. Circumstances now separate us by thousands of miles.

I learned so much from her about finding beauty in the everyday - beauty in nature, beauty in home, beauty in a gathering around the table.

We talked yesterday. She is struggling. She knows I follow Christ. I shared what I felt was right. I tried to remind her of my story. I reminded her of some of the struggles I had (have) and let her know how utterly dependent on God I am.

Her response was that I am fortunate to have 'it' - God, religion, something to believe in. She said she's tried. It's not there for her.

It breaks my heart. I know God is there for her. I know that even as I type this line, God is there - thousands of miles away from here - in her small french town. I believe it breaks God's heart as well.

I ask you to join me in praying that she will see God as he is.

No comments: