Saturday, September 15, 2007

I see heaven through my dad


Knowing how to face life honestly is one of the most beautiful things I have learned from my dad. He has the ability to face whatever circumstances life throws at him with the most honest, God-honoring perspective. Some would say he is a pie in the sky optimist. But if you live closely to him, you know that he struggles just like anyone else in the world. The difference is that he takes all his honest, sometimes gut-wrenching feelings and circumstances to God first - he writes, he prays, he seeks. And he doesn't stop until God leads. That optimism you see is an utter dependence on the Creator of the Universe.

I love my dad. And I appreciate the aspects of heaven he has taught me.

Thanks, Dad, for being you and for sharing yourself with me and so many others.

No comments: