Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Hope


I just have to share that today I feel hopeful. I feel - looking at a rainbow with the storm off to the side - hopeful.

Please understand. I know the realities of this world. I know people are dying around us. I know people are abused. I know people are tormented by addiction. In fact, this week much of that has been right in my face. But I also believe Jesus words in John 16.33: "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

I believe God is calling us to help create the hope for others. We love. We listen. We share. We do what it takes to 'get over it,' so we can love freely with no strings attached. Dependence on the creator of the rainbow gives hope. It gives hope to you and I and it gives hope to all we come into contact with.

No comments: